[amibroker] Re: Fasttrack /TradeCode - HeadsUp

I checked... my buy and sell delay setting was = 0. When writing my
own AFL backtests, I control the delays myself, so I generally don't
pay too much attention to some of the parameterized settings.

When I ran HeadsUp and saw the enormous capital requirements I never
even considered wasting time looking at the equity curve. My backtest
was a simple 'kick the tires' run to see if the stradegy was worthy of
further study. The 75% profitable trades figure looked interesting.
Figured I'd wait until I got around to tidying up the filtering,
entry/exit stradegy in an effort to see if it might be a viable 'real'
trading system.

As far as duplicating our results, seems unlikely since we have
different databases, but if you would like a copy of the exact trades
generated on my db then let me know.

Sorry if I led you to believe that my backtest of HeadsUp revealed the
'mother of all stradegies'. I was just sharing preliminary backtest data.

One final thing, always doubt the stats presented by others. That does
not mean that they are out to mislead you... it just means that they
may be looking at something differently than you, or more importantly,
looking FOR something different than you might be looking for.

Regards... Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Phsst.... HELP!
>
> I ran the HeadsUp AFL and ended up with the worst looking equity curve I
> have seen in quite some time.
>
> So, I tried to figure what I may have done differently from you.
>
> Then, just for kicks, I set the buy and sell delay = 0.   Ah ha....
> excellent results comparible to yours.
>
> Leaving the question... what settings did you use for buy/sell price and
> delay?
>
> I want to believe the stats you submitted, but I sure can't
reproduce them.

> I'm looking forward to hearing from you as I was already spending my
> anticipated profits.
>
> Cheers

is a
>   > comprehensive system that looks at and reports many statistics
on funds
>   > (or stocks) to buy based on Rel Strength and a number of other
factors,
>   > including "Turtle" signals for buying, selling, and holding.
Additional
>   > market statistics are also reported.  Many people follow this
system and
>   > do quite well.
>   >
>   > The "Score" code which I am attempting to upload is just one
part of the
>   > system and the common usage is to buy stocks or funds when their
>   > "Score", as reported by this code, is at "6" (1 to 6 scale).  I
did some
>   > backtesting using the score as an oscillator and found it produced
>   > profitable results when buys were issued at low score values and
sell
>   > signals issued at high score values, the opposite way the tool
is used
>   > within the common "Headsup" system.
>   >
>   > Not selling this and I doubt almost any of you will look at it,
but for
>   > the few who do, the above is simply some background in order to
give you
>   > some context of where the code came from.
>   >
>   > Ken
>   >
>   > PS: It looks like the AFL file was indeed uploaded and is listed
under
>   > "Headsup Score".
>   >
makes
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
632198:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16np42623/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLm
>   >
Rhd=1054908892%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17056321
>   >
98:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1054908892%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egro
<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egrou