[amibroker] Re: Yahoo EOD

I couldn't agree more.  Just need to get Yahoo to lift the
restriction some how.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Udo.Harke@xxxx wrote:
> Joe,
>
> from my own experience I can only say that Microsoft has by no
means the same number of stocks and past stocks prices in their
database! To put it simply: Yahoo is superior to Microsoft although
it may have had virus attacks fairly recently and therefore limited
data access to frequent downloading processes.

<jbell5931@xxxx>
<dtfreak1025@xxxx>
>   > wrote:
>   > > > > I set my downloads to 10 and it cranks through 7000 of
data
>   > quotes
>   > > > in about 5 minutes on cox cable
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:Hello,
>   > > > >
>   > > > > You can reduce delay between requests step by step by 100
>   > (900,
>   > > > 800, 700, 600...)
>   > > > > and find out when it stops working for you.
>   > > > > You can also increase number of simultaneous downloads to
2.
>   > > > > I can not give "one number that fits all" because it
really
>   > depends
>   > > > > on speed of your internet connection and ping times.
>   > > > >
>   > > > > You can also complain to Yahoo Finance that their limits
on
>   > number
>   > > > > of downloads are too restrictive.
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Best regards,
>   > > > > Tomasz Janeczko
>   > > > > amibroker.com
Yahoo
>   > data for
>   > > > > > > > MetaStock with a downloader called "Quotelf"
without
>   any
>   > > > > > problems,
>   > > > > > > > last evening and this morning. With AmiQuite it
will go
>   > for
>   > > > > > about 40
>   > > > > > > > to 50 quotes then stop and time out. I went back to
>   1.52
>   > > > version
>   > > > > > and
>   > > > > > > > also changed ISP but it still does the same thing.
Does
>   > > > anyone
>   > > > > > have
>   > > > > > > > a solution?? Thanks
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > > Dick Hoierman
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   > > > > > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   > > > > > > > -----------------------------------------
>   > > > > > > > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
>   > > > amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   > > > > > > > (Web page:
>   > > > > > > > --------------------------------------------
>   > > > > > > > Check group FAQ at:
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
>   > > > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > > > >
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   > > > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   > > > > > -----------------------------------------
>   > > > > > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
>   > amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   > > > > > (Web page:
>   > > > > > --------------------------------------------
>   > > > > > Check group FAQ at:
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
>   > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   > > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   > > > > -----------------------------------------
>   > > > > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
>   > amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   > > > > (Web page:
>   > > > > --------------------------------------------
>   > > > > Check group FAQ at:
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
>   > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Do you Yahoo!?
>   > > > > Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.