  >Von:
  jbell5931

  An: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 5. Juni 2003
  16:13 Uhr
  Betreff: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo EOD
  Thanks for complaining to Yahoo.  Please let me know
  of the final outcome.I switched to MSN last night, it was a hassle
  because MSN doesn't have a bigger historical database compared to
  Yahoo.  I also have to update index tickers since they are
  different.Looks like this thread is dying.  Is it everyone else
  switching to MSN/eSignal or use paid
  services?Regards,Joe--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "giggollo99" <giggollo@xxxx> wrote:> I complained to yahoo..here
  is the feedback i got:> > > Hello,> > Thank
  you for writing to Yahoo! Finance.> > Our engineering and
  production staff for Yahoo! Finance have been> alerted about this
  issue.  We are currently investigating this > problem > and
  hope to have a resolution shortly.> > We apologize for any
  inconvenience this may cause.> > > Thank you again for
  contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.> > > Regards,>
  > Yahoo! Customer Care> > For assistance with all Yahoo!
  services please visit:> >    <A
  href="">http://help.yahoo.com/> >
  -------------------------> > Yahoo! ID: giggollo99>
  > Subject: Suggestions> > Ticker Symbol:> >
  Company Name:> > Type your feedback here:>
  feature> > to download daily data from your> >
  wbsite on a number of stocks. Recently> > it seems you are
  blocking anyone who> > tries to access historical quotes>
  > repeatedly for difffernt stocks using> > an automated
  program for downloading> > quotes. This is quite annoying
  for> > myself and many other traders who have> >
  been using your website for a number> > of years now to download
  this daily> > quote data on different stocks. I> >
  strongly encourage you to lift this> > blocking mechanism and
  allow users to> > download data from your website as>
  > before since the "Historical Quotes"> > feature is of
  very limited use if it> > cannot be used to download data
  on> > different stocks using a program.> >
  > > Thanks and best regards> > > >
  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "drlblast" <hoierman@xxxx>
  wrote:> > Jbell:> > I'm still having same problems. If we
  kiss Yahoo goodby where can > we> > go??  My database is
  with "ahq" extensions so don't know what will> > work. Does anyone
  have a valid suggestion?  Thanks> > Dick H.> >
  <jbell5931@xxxx> > wrote:> > > Hello,> >
  > What are settings that allow you to download through 7000 >
  quotes?  > > > Last night, I changed to these setting and
  still didn't work.> > > > > > Initial delay between
  requests = 1000> > > max number of simultaneous downloads =
  2> > > > > > The only time it worked is max number
  of simulaneous download = > 1.  > > > Perhaps it's
  time so kiss Yahoo goodbye!> > > > > > > >
  > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DT DTFREak <dtfreak1025@xxxx>
  > wrote:> > > > I set my downloads to 10 and it cranks
  through 7000 of data > quotes > > > in about 5 minutes on
  cox cable> > > > > > > > Tomasz Janeczko
  <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:Hello,> > > > > > >
  > You can reduce delay between requests step by step by 100 > (900,
  > > > 800, 700, 600...)> > > > and find out when
  it stops working for you.> > > > You can also increase number
  of simultaneous downloads to 2.> > > > I can not give "one
  number that fits all" because it really > depends> > >
  > on speed of your internet connection and ping times.> > >
  limits on > number> > > > of downloads are too
  restrictive. > > > > > > > > Best
  regards,> > > > Tomasz Janeczko> > > >
  amibroker.com> > > > ----- Original Message ----- >
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo EOD> > > > > > >
  it sure is > > > Slowly..... > > > > > Must
  there be another way? Or should I feel lucky and set > the max >
  Janeczko" > > > > > wrote:> > > > > >
  Hello,> > > > > > > > > > > >
  Quoteelf uses CURRENT server. If you switch to Yahoo > Current in
  too> > > > > > > > > > > > (todays
  of course).> > > > > > > > > > > >
  As for historical: Yahoo is blocking you. After infamous > > >
  Internet > > > > > worm attack, Yahoo considers repeating
  multiple downloads as > > > > > a "denial of service"
  attack.> > > > > > If you are using BROADBAND connection
  it is NOT enough to > > > switch to > > > > >
  other ISP. To resolve this: > > > > > > > >
  > you > > > would > > > > > need to
  wait half an hour or more until Yahoo unblocks you) > > > >
  > > 2.. go to the "Settings" and set "Initial delay between >
  > > requests" > > > > > to 1000 and "max number of
  simultaneous downloads" to 1. > > > > > > Best
  regards,> > > > > > Tomasz Janeczko> > >
  Message ----- > > > > > > From: "drlblast" > >
  03, 2003 7:49 PM> > > > > > Subject: [amibroker] Yahoo

  EOD data thru Yahoo > but > > > to > > >
  > > no > > > > > > > avail. This is puzzling as
  I have received the Yahoo > data for > > > > > >
  > MetaStock with a downloader called "Quotelf" without any >
  evening and this morning. With AmiQuite it will go > for > >
  > > > about 40 > > > > > > > to 50 quotes
  then stop and time out. I went back to 1.52 > > > version
  changed ISP but it still does the same thing. Does > > > anyone
  solution?? Thanks> > > > > > > > > >

  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx> > > > >
  Groups is subject to > > > <A