RE: [amibroker] TWO MONITORS

I use
that Matox AGP G450, Ron.
Most
choose the AGP version and add the Matrox PCI if they want 4
monitors.

I've
used it with win NT and now with 2k; not sure if win 98, because of its lack of
native dual-monitor support, complicates things
<SPAN
class=103064804-23052003>Another caution--you want to run both monitors at the
same resolution so both should preferably be capable of 1280x1024 at 72 Hz or
better.
<SPAN
class=103064804-23052003>
If
your not running 98, installation should be a snap;  just install Matrox
QuickDesk, select 2560x1024, and fiddle with the controls.
Email
me if you have a problem after installation
<SPAN
class=103064804-23052003>
<SPAN
class=103064804-23052003>Bob
<FONT
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
[mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 8:05
PMTo: amibroker tipsCc: jeff head; jeff
davisSubject: [amibroker] TWO MONITORS

  I don't know much about computers.  I got a
  good deal on the below described Dual head card.  I emailed Matrox asking
  if it would work with Amibroker software.
  Below, I have pasted the Matrox answers
  to my questions.  A computer friend tells me that  the
  statement immediately following this sentence is confusing.
  (You will need to use PCI video cards to set up
  multimonitor.)     My
  friend tells me that an AGB slot is a later model slot than the PCI slot,
  and  support has already identified my Dual card as an AGP type
  card, so why is Matrox support telling me that I will need to use PCI
  video cards in order to set up multimonitor?
  Have any of you found that Amibroker charts will
  work well with my Matrox G450 AGP Dual head card?  I realize that the
  built in card on the motherboard will be disabled.  If any Amibroker
  users have had success with this card, then I will email support one more time
  for complete instructions on how to install it.  All help will be
  appreciated.  Ron D

  Hello The card you have is a Matrox G450 AGP Dual Head card with 32
  MB of memory. This card can support dual monitor output, but compatibility
  with third party graphics, while possible is not always easy. There is a limit
  to the amount of compatibility testing we both can do and even a greater limit
  on working together with competitors to fix and compatibility issue.
  There is an AGP slot on the PC but the integrated video is AGP as
  well.  This mean that when you plug in the AGP card the onboard will be
  disabled.  You will need to use PCI video cards to set up
  multimonitor. Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.