[amibroker] Re: TWO MONITORS

I run 2 monitors with the Matrox G400 with win 98SE...no problem.
Regards
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jagow" <bjagow@xxxx> wrote:
> I use that Matox AGP G450, Ron.
> Most choose the AGP version and add the Matrox PCI if they want 4
monitors.
> I've used it with win NT and now with 2k; not sure if win 98,
because of its lack of native dual-monitor support, complicates things
> Another caution--you want to run both monitors at the same
resolution so both should preferably be capable of 1280x1024 at 72 Hz
or
> better.
>
> If your not running 98, installation should be a snap;  just
install Matrox QuickDesk, select 2560x1024, and fiddle with the
> controls.
> Email me if you have a problem after installation
>
> Bob

below described Dual head card.  I emailed Matrox asking if it would
> work with Amibroker software.
>   Below, I have pasted the Matrox answers to my questions.  A
computer friend tells me that  the statement immediately following
> this sentence is confusing.
>   (You will need to use PCI video cards to set up
multimonitor.)     My friend tells me that an AGB slot is a later
model slot than
> the PCI slot, and  support has already identified my Dual card as
an AGP type card, so why is Matrox support telling me that I will
> need to use PCI video cards in order to set up multimonitor?
>   Have any of you found that Amibroker charts will work well with
my Matrox G450 AGP Dual head card?  I realize that the built in
> card on the motherboard will be disabled.  If any Amibroker users
have had success with this card, then I will email support one
> more time for complete instructions on how to install it.  All help
will be appreciated.  Ron D

>   Hello
>   The card you have is a Matrox G450 AGP Dual Head card with 32 MB
of memory. This card can support dual monitor output, but
> compatibility with third party graphics, while possible is not
always easy. There is a limit to the amount of compatibility testing
> we both can do and even a greater limit on working together with
competitors to fix and compatibility issue.

>   There is an AGP slot on the PC but the integrated video is AGP as
well.  This mean that when you plug in the AGP card the onboard
> will be disabled.  You will need to use PCI video cards to set up
multimonitor.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx