[amibroker] Re: Study ID

Hi Uenal,

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> I would recommend asking Tomasz Janeczko, the author of
> AmiBroker, for details on inners of AB.
> (...)
> Thomasz has kindly offered you his help if you provide him
> details of your request. I would make use of it.

I'll be very happy to make use of Thomasz's offer as soon
as I really need the ability to access/browse info on line
studies.

For now however I have not yet started any project of this kind
as I'm still very new to Amibroker and would first like
to get more familiar with it before making any detailed
requests. Thomasz is busy enough and we shouldn't bother
him with mundane questions.

> > first of all I want to say that your ABtool is an interesting
> > project. I took a brief look at it yesterday after purchasing
> > Amibroker RT.    I have developed an experimental plug-in DLL
> > extension to Metastock, which calls via JNI the Java 2 virtual
> > machine.    The intention was however a totally different one
than
> > ABtool's objective: Rather than providing a set of external
commands
> > to make programming in Metastock's formula language easier,  the
> > idea was to create an external environment within which
indicators
> > can be _entirely_ implemented in Java using all the nice stuff
such
> > as the collection classes, object orientation etc.
>
> Sounds interessting, what was the reason to stop the project?

Actually I've not stopped the project even though I haven't
worked on it recently.  It was a private, non-commercial
spare time project. I started it because I was fed up with
the limitations of Metastock's formula language and wanted
to be able to integrate (for experimental purposes) certain
calculations into Metastock.  For example, I tried to simulate
the Tradestation evaluation model (things like series
functions/series variables).

As regards Amibroker & AFL, given the new looping constructs,
a lot can be done in AFL now. There is therefore a much
lesser need for indicators to be implemented _entirely_
as external calculations.  For special calculations
external implementations still make sense though, so
I might port the Java extension to AB.

> > It would be
> > very useful if for any given chart pane one can obtain the
> > information like the number of the chart sheet the chart pane is
> > assigned to. Is this already possible?    If so, it would be able
> > for an external plug-in to issue an alert to the user as follows:
> > "Ticker uvwx: Check chart sheet #3 for a trendline violation.".
>

> Sorry that all is beyond my level. But one thing I don't understand
is,
> that you seem not to like the chartid concept. How else should/would
> one do it if not the way it was already done? You have to identify
each
> object, and here objects are the windows and the studies within
them,
> so really for me it is clear and the correct way of doing it.

So far I have just skimmed over the AB help files and
some newsletter issues, in addition to browsing a little in
the message board archive.  I'll come back to this topic
when I really need the ability to access info on studies
and when I'm able to make more qualified comments regarding
this matter.  It's difficult to comment on design issues in
a hurry.

best regards,

Wolfgang

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM