[amibroker] Re: Study ID

Wolfgang,

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "global_investor"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Do you need anything more for this function ?
>
> yes!
>

> I'm aware of the study() function.
>
> The problem with the current study() function is that in order to
use
> this function, knowledge of specific chartIDs and studyIDs is
> required.
>
> This works well for a handful of stocks, but it is not a practical
> approach to write a generalized exploration or alert manager
> application.
>
> For example, in the chart for MSFT, the user might have drawn 7
> up-trendlines (some for long-term, some for short-term trends),
> whereas in the chart for IBM he might have have drawn only
> 2 up-trendlines.   In addition, the user might have drawn the
> trendlines for MSFT in two separate chart panes, one chart
> pane plotted with a linear y axis, the other chart pane plotted
> with a semi-log y axis.

In one way or another, you are limited to name the lines: The 7 lines
of x MSFT pane should have 7 different names . For any further use,
you should recall each line by its name, there is no alternative.
>From the two letters limitation, you may use 26X26=676 studies per
pane per stock.
You may also use the same letters for other stocks.
If a stochd study for MSFT is called AA, another study of the same
stochd pane may also have the AA name for INTC.
Of course these two AA lines do not have the same properties, they
are hand drawn and not under some universal condition.
AFL lines is always a better choice : If you write a code for the
most recent stochd support, for example, it will be plotted in one
stochd pane for all stocks, it will have one, unique expression and
may be easily used for explorations.
See for example http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=103
for the stochastic trendlines. The resistance has one name for all
stocks, it is the "TRENDLINER", it is automatically plotted according
to some rules, the same for all stocks, you do not need to draw
manually 100 lines for an 100 stocks database.
DT
> For a generalized exploration that checks for trendline violations,
> it would be necessary to obtain all pairs of <chartID,studyID> for
> the studies drawn for a specific stock.  Moreover, it could be
> necessary to obtain directly the attributes/properties of a
specific
> line study such as StartX, StartY, EndX, EndY.
>
> As mentioned in my previous post, such information would at best
> be provided at the low-level plug-in interface. Plug-in developers
> could make use of this functionality and incorporate it in
> user-friendly functions available in AFL.
>

> best regards,
>
> Wolfgang

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM