[amibroker] Re: Study ID

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "global_investor"
<independent_opinion@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Uenal,
>
> first of all I want to say that your ABtool is an interesting
> project. I took a brief look at it yesterday after purchasing
> Amibroker RT.    I have developed an experimental plug-in DLL
> extension to Metastock, which calls via JNI the Java 2 virtual
> machine.    The intention was however a totally different one than
> ABtool's objective: Rather than providing a set of external
commands
> to make programming in Metastock's formula language easier,  the
> idea was to create an external environment within which indicators
> can be _entirely_ implemented in Java using all the nice stuff such
> as the collection classes, object orientation etc.
>
> But back to the topic before digressing too much:  The fact that
you
> are able to implement the xxStudyGetNext() function in the next
> ABtool version shows that it is somehow possible to obtain all
study
> IDs for the studies drawn by the user.
>
> I have skimmed over the file adk.html included with the ADK and
> understand that AFL plug-ins have the ability to call internal
> Amibroker functions via the CallFunction() method of the site
> interface. But I'd like to know through which functions one can
> obtain things like the study and chart IDs for all the studies
drawn
> by the user for a specific stock.
>
> Further, it would be very useful and open up interesting
> possibilities if it was possible for plug-in developers to get
> information on every study the user has drawn in the charts for a
> specific stock, without being required to know in advance details
> such as chartID and studyID.
>
> With information on a study, I do not mean just the array of points
> returned by study() function, but also information such as StartX,
> StartY, EndX, EndY, StartBarNum, EndBarNum, LeftExtend, RightExtend.
>
> Also, Amibroker's concept of multiple chart sheets is very useful,
> but right now the chartID is a mess.

If you right-click on the pane, edit formula, you can see in the
upper right position a small Id:1252.
It works for AA just fine

L1=Study("AA",1252);
Buy=Cross(MA(C,50),L1);Sell=Ref(Buy,-4);

Hit scan and you will have the results for all stocks with an AA line.
One more info:
It is useless to write
L1=Study("AA",CHARTID=1252);
It would be the same to