[amibroker] Re: programming 101 - Last Words

Yes and no.  I actually used the exact same line of code to get my
answer as was in the Markus example.  I just buried it in about a
dozen other useless commands.  I understand the AFL language but only
on the surface.  If I truly "knew" how to program I wouldn't make
such foolish errors.  It's kind of like speaking a foreign language,
until you start dreaming in the thing you are probably hacking it up
when you speak.  Take note though of the search feature Yahoo offers,
it is something I've just started using and can save others a lot of
time.  Since I am just beginning though I have no problem
answering "stupid" questions, - because I probable only just figured
out the answer last week - feel free to email me personally in the
future before posting on this forum.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx> wrote:
> First, thanks for the help on the programming 101 questions, I'm
saving the
> suggestions in a reference file for my use.
>
> I'll take a crack at converting the code myself first as I need the
> practice.  I'll either post the result for the first one or take
your
> suggestion at getting the list to help converting them if I can't
do it myself.

> BTW, the TJ example via Markus seems deceptively simple doesn't it?
>
> Sid
>
> At 10:30 PM 5/16/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >I got a real easy solution for that:
> >
> >To begin with, an AFL translation would not qualify under their
> >copyright protection and could be posted to all that you wish.  But
> >how can we get it into AFL without knowing the copyright material?
> >How does a journalist use the resources of others... by citing
those
> >resources.  Of course, a journalist does not reproduce the entire
> >work en masse.  Rather, he quotes a portion of the whole and cites
> >that portion.  This is entirely legal and analogously you may post
> >portion of this system so long as you cite where it is you've
gotten
> >the information from.  A bibliographic entry would be plenty
> >sufficient.
> >
> >So, here's what you do: Write us a couple emails giving us your
> >interpretation of the system and quote the rules of the system.
Then

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM