[amibroker] Re: programming 101

I got a real easy solution for that:

To begin with, an AFL translation would not qualify under their
copyright protection and could be posted to all that you wish.  But
how can we get it into AFL without knowing the copyright material?
How does a journalist use the resources of others... by citing those
resources.  Of course, a journalist does not reproduce the entire
work en masse.  Rather, he quotes a portion of the whole and cites
that portion.  This is entirely legal and analogously you may post a
portion of this system so long as you cite where it is you've gotten
the information from.  A bibliographic entry would be plenty
sufficient.

So, here's what you do: Write us a couple emails giving us your
interpretation of the system and quote the rules of the system.  Then
we will all help you translate and voila! you've got yourself some
code my friend.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred, well, it is copywrited material that they were selling as an
addition
> to the book.  I bet they would not appreciate me posting it on a
public
> forum.  A bit of a sticky wicket.
> Sid
>
> At 09:30 PM 5/16/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Sid,
> >
> >Why not just POST the TS Code and we'll deal with it ?
> >
> >--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx>
wrote:

> > > I have the Street Smarts systems that Richard Saidenberg wrote
> >accompany
> > > the book.  A couple of them have some promise and I thought it
> >would be
> > > useful to convert them over to AFL.
> > >
> > > Sid
> > >

> > > ---