Re: [amibroker] ASX data sources & How fast is AB ?

I have a full 1400 stocks with 10 years of data and pretty much anything I
have tried has been very fast. Menu's and other functions are also quite
snappy too.
  (Running external scripts can be a bit slow though  ie Cleanup script)

I'd recomend CoolTraders.com for your EOD data, They have the best value for
money plans available IMHO. STIdeas data is good to start with though.

And im only running a AMD 800mhz/512mb PC - Not the fastest machine on the
block - But certainly fast enough for my needs(Budget).

>Can you tell me your opinion of how quick AB is when you've got it
>loaded with a several thousand symbols and five years of data?
>
>What CPU/RAM/disk do you have to run it on with such a database?
>
>Ciao, Peter C
>
>--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amiabilityy" <amiabilityy@xxxx>
>wrote:
> >
> > Peter if you want some asx data post your email address.
> >
> >   do you need it in text or as metastock.
> >
> > Peter j
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "peter_carless"
> > <pjcwebpagequery@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Yes, that was the problem.
> > >
> > > I have lost several hours and a lot of persperation, not to
>mention
>

>Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.