[amibroker] Re: Moving files to laptop

Hello,
To move your datas from one computer to another, just copy all the
folders, the broker.* files and the layout(*.awl) files;take care, if
you burn them on a CD they automaticaly become read-only files, which
create troubles with AB: hence, select the moved folders, right click
> properties and uncheck the read only box; you may find a simple
soft to do this for you, like Arcset, from birdcage soft.
Hope this helps,
Gilles

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know other people have had this problem before. I just broke my
old laptop out of the closet so I could work on AB at work. : - )  It
is running Win 98. I downloaded and installed the full install for
Win 98, then upgraded to the latest beta. Everything seems OK with
the included "Data" database. Then I zipped up my regular database
and all files from the AB directory, moved the zip files to CD, and
unzipped them on the laptop. I put the data directory under the AB
directory (same as on my desktop computer) and replaced all files in
the AB directory with the unzipped ones. Now, when I open this
database on the laptop, I always get a blank screen that says "Not
enough data available". When I look at the size of the individual
ticker files, they are the same as those on the desktop, so it looks
like all the data is there. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks very much!

> Steve

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.