[amibroker] Re: Monte Carlo / TradeSim sample report (for HB)

Chuck- MCS doesn't *only* come into play if you have more buy/short
signals than you have cash to service.  This may be *a way* that
TradeSim employs MCS, but it's definitely not the only way.

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> I guess you realise that Monte Carlo simulation really only comes
into play
> if you have more buy/short signals than you have cash to service.
In other
> words, your system might generate 15 buy signals today and you want to
> invest $10,000 per trade buy only have $100,000 to invest.  MCS will
random
> decide every day which trades to accept.
>
> Therefore, in addition to the other information I will require, I
will need
> to know your initial capital.
Chuck)

>   Sure thing, happy to help.
>
>   Perhaps the easiest thing for you to do is export a "backtest"
report from
> AmiBroker.   I can then run my conversion program (which is in the
AB files
> section) followed by a TradeSim run.   I will then post a Word
document, via
> this group, containing several of the reports that come out of TradeSim.
>
>   I will need to know things like how much to invest per trade,
commission
> rate, whether you want to pyramid profits, etc.
>
>   I'm ready as soon as you send the .csv file exported from your system.
>
>   I'm happy to run a similar report for anyone else who may be
interested.

Chuck)

>     Hi Chuck,
>
>     Your posts about Monte Carlo simulation and TradeSim have piqued my
> interest.
>
>     I am considering investing in a piece of MCS software (maybe
TradeSim)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM