From: Fred [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 2:17 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Buy Sell Arrows or Not?

Ken,

If there are multiple buy/sell/short/cover statements in the AFL, is
it possible that some of the sell/cover statements are written in
such a way as to NOT occur if short/buy statements occur on the same
bar ?

I have sometimes purposesly written stuff this way to avoid
cluttering up the chart with extra arrows i.e.

Short = condx;

Sell = condy AND NOT Short;

Also check to see how you have the setting for reverse signal forces
exit set in the AA.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Still another basic question based on a puzzling observation: I
thought
> that all trades had to have or show corresponding trade arrows on
the
> price chart when using either Raw Signals or Actual Trades.
>
> If I have a long and later exit by Selling, then the Price Chart
will
> show a Long (Solid green up arrow) followed by a Sell (Solid Red
Down
> Arrow).
>
> I did not think I could see a trade arrow without its corresponding
exit
> or close trade arrow.  In other words, every Buy arrow must be
followed
> by a Sell Arrow (even if a Short arrow is on the same bar).  Every
Short
> Arrow must be followed by a Cover arrow, even if a Buy arrow is on
the
> same bar.
>
> As I have been implementing exact trade arrows (including
Applystops)
> within Indicator Builder to match what is in the Price chart, I have
> come upon many cases of a trade being reversed **WITHOUT** a
> corresponding trade arrow being shown.
>
> The attachments gives an example.  The AA results grid shows the
trade
> being exited but there is no corresponding exit trade arrow.  At
other
> times there is a paired comparison on entering and exiting the trade
> (whether long or short).
>
> Is this an inconsistency in the program or is there a minute rule
that
> dictates when these arrows are "paired up" and when they are not.
My
> Plotshape arrows follow the same "anomaly", that is, they match the
Raw
> Signals arrow for arrow.
>
> I suspect some twist in the Equity(1) routine, but who knows?
>
> Ideas?
>
> Ken

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping