[amibroker] Re: Buy Sell Arrows or Not?

Ken,

>From MY perpsective only this box should ALWAYS be checked ...

If I had a system that was potentially going long and short on some
particular security and it was currently long and it encountered a
condition to go short I would want the long position to be
automatically exited whether I so stated or not.  Without this box
being checked a short statement I would think would initiate a short
position and leave open the existing long.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred:  thanks very much.  I had the Reverse Signal Forces Exit box
> CHECKED, and when I unchecked it, my offending trade (the one
without
> the corresponding cover) disappeared from my chart and from my IB
with
> signals.
>
> So...not an inconsistency...other than in my having the box checked
when
> apparently it should not have been.
>
> Please tell me (a little tutorial) when should one check this box
and
> when should one not check this box.  Can I assume that MOST OF THE
TIME
> it should remain unchecked.
>
> Ken

corresponding
> exit
> > or close trade arrow.  In other words, every Buy arrow must be
> followed
> > by a Sell Arrow (even if a Short arrow is on the same bar).
Every
> Short
> > Arrow must be followed by a Cover arrow, even if a Buy arrow is
on
> the
> > same bar.
> >
> > As I have been implementing exact trade arrows (including
> Applystops)
> > within Indicator Builder to match what is in the Price chart, I
have
> > come upon many cases of a trade being reversed **WITHOUT** a
> > corresponding trade arrow being shown.
> >
> > The attachments gives an example.  The AA results grid shows the
> trade
> > being exited but there is no corresponding exit trade arrow.  At
> other
> > times there is a paired comparison on entering and exiting the
trade
> > (whether long or short).
> >
> > Is this an inconsistency in the program or is there a minute rule
> that
> > dictates when these arrows are "paired up" and when they are
not.
> My
> > Plotshape arrows follow the same "anomaly", that is, they match
the
> Raw
> > Signals arrow for arrow.
> >
> > I suspect some twist in the Equity(1) routine, but who knows?
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Ken
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx