RE: [amibroker] Re: (More) Real World Trading (for Fred)

You
mentioned -4% return per month.   Was that a typing error?  I
assume you meant a positve 4%?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Not
much required in the way of volunteering except some suggestions from time to
time as to how best to code some logic.   Regarding drawdowns,
anything more than 2% peak-to-trough is outside of expectations of those
investing in the funds I manage.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 6:26
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  (More) Real World TradingChuck,At ~4% a month
  you are starting to get to the territory that I could get interested,
  especially if dd's are very low but before I volunteer, what direction of
  investigation etc. would you like to take a joint or group development
  effort into ?Fred--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> You may
  recall that I have been making a concerted effort to come up with>
  some system ideas using "pairs trading".   I don't know how
  successful any> of you have been at coming up with systems for
  shorting stocks, but I am> extremely frustrated by the need to
  maintain a dollar and/or beta neutral> portfolio in keeping with
  the rules of the funds that I manage.  As a rule,> my short
  trades are lucky to break even.  Fortunately, my long trades
  are> quite profitable.> > I am going to put forth some
  ideas that should have been more obvious to me> some time ago and
  may already be obvious to you.   Like a lot of you, I
  have> what I think are excellent systems for trading the long
  side.  I also have> excellent systems for trading
  "pairs".   My pairs trading has been 100%> isolated from
  the other styles of trading that I do.> > My daily search for
  pairs to trade never really had a starting point>
  (watchlist).   The system takes each of the currently active stocks
  (8,000+)> and tries to find another stock to trade against
  it.   There was no starting> bias.   The system
  looks for the most highly correlated pairs of stocks to> trade; one
  long and one short.> > Late yesterday, I had a thought come to
  me to take the just the buy signals> generated by my best "long"
  system and only look for a pair to trade against> each of
  those.  It's early days in the research, but it looks like an>
  exceptionally good idea.   Instead of making a mediocre 1.5 to 2%
  per month,> the research suggests almost doubling that return while
  still maintaining a> dollar, beta, sector and volatility neutral
  stance.> > Any comments would be appreciated and I'd be happy to
  work closely with> anyone interested in pursuing this
  endeavour.   AmiBroker is definitely the> tool of choice
  for this job, hence my posting to this group.> >
  CheersSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.