[amibroker] Re: (More) Real World Trading

Hi Chuck,

I have often successfully traded one sided DIA-options using the
same pairs idea. The pair I use comes from The Dow Theory
that specifies the relation between TANSPORTATION and DJiA

The critical thing is that the correlation between any
pair must be there atleast in theory or some solid reasoning
as to why the pair ought to be correlated. With 8000 stocks
there would be about 64 million correlated pairs, and some
very stong correlations will appear just by chance.

With smaller sets of stocks, I have looked at relatedness
via SSA ( a type of Euclidean distance) analysis that
will show different clusters. I am going in this direction
but have not developed a system or even done a single trade as
yet. I think SSA is better than looking at correlations which
can be "dishonest" or "spurious" and quite there by chnace. Give
us an example, may age and the price of gasoline is extremely
highly correlated but meaningless!

Interested in your work very much.

tia
nand

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> You may recall that I have been making a concerted effort to come
up with
> some system ideas using "pairs trading".   I don't know how
successful any
> of you have been at coming up with systems for shorting stocks, but
I am

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM