RE: [amibroker] One stock only?

Hopefully I
understand what you are asking.  And hopefully I can give you an idea that
may help.
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
  Create a
  buy/sell system with your MA's as you describe below.
  Include the
  Equity() function.
  Backtest it on
  one stock with initial equity of 10000.
  Click on the
  Equity button in AA.
  Then do an
  explore on all stocks with Filter = Equity(???) > 20000
  This will give
  you all stocks that gave a 100% return over the period you selected (explore
  for any amount you wish).
  Move the
  selected stocks to a watchlist
  Then click on
  the stock tree, select this new watchlist and click on the first
  stock.
  Look at the
  equity curve...is it nice and smooth?
  Use the down
  arrow to go thru all these stocks in the stock tree watchlist and examine
  the equity curve.
This is a much
nicer way to "wade thru mounds of charts" based on your
system.

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: billpritjr
  [mailto:billpritjr@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 2:55
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] One
  stock only?Wonder if anyone trades one stock only,
  all year long? The holding time frame would be 2 weeks to 2 months, which
  fits into my own personal TA strategy of moving average
  crossovers.I came across this idea while running scans and having to
  wade thru mounds of charts.Maybe its better to find ten good
  stocks, that respond well to trend following indicators, such as the
  20-day SMA?when warranted, LONG and SHORT as need beone such
  example is HITKany ideas, recommendations?Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.