RE: [amibroker] Re: Acceleration index?

Could you attach
an afl file?

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: leifsoder2002
  [mailto:leif.soderstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday,
  April 26, 2003 5:59 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Acceleration
  index?Hi,I have done such indicator based on
  Volume and Price movement.For down leg A - B calcualte the difference
  between total up/down volume =V1. Divide V1 with price change A - B =
  Leg1ValFor current up leg B - C calculate difference between up/down
  volume =V2, Divide V2 with price change B - C = Leg2Val.Plot
  Leg1Val/Leg2Val.Best RegardsLeif--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dom1_1998" <dominick@xxxx> wrote:> Hi
  Eugene:> > I don't believe there's anyway of knowing if the
  number of people> trading an issue is increasing, unless news came
  out.   It isn't that> unusual for someone to machine gun
  10 or 20 100 share lots to try to> get a movement going in a particular
  direction like breaking support> or a resistance line.> >
  You could just as well see the increase or decrease in volume by>
  comparing 1,5 or 10 minute price bars with the volume bars.  You
  could> watch the speed of trades on a time and sales chart.
  You could easily> see those machine gun 100 share lots appear at
  crucial points on the> price chart.> > One helpful way
  would be counting the number of trades,(not> shares),going off at the
  bid and at the ask to determine future> direction. Or just the total
  trades listed as a volatility indicator.> Even better would be
  having those options for different time bars.> > But in the end,
  trading just a few liquid stocks and contiunually> watching their time
  and sales is the best way to know their> characteristics.>
  > JMO,> > Dominick> > > >
  number of people trading a particular instrument is pretty much>
  > the same.> > 2. when the prospect of a move is due more people
  trade the instrument.> > 3. Increased people causes increased
  price movement.> > 4. Comparing the speed of the movement would give
  an indication of the> > number of people trading the instrument.
  speed of movement would be> > calculated by dividing difference
  between high/low pivot to its> > current price would give the
  current velocity of movment> > 5. Comparing this velocity to a
  previous move would give a decent> > basis for estimating the
  interest in the security and the prospect for> > further
  increases/declines.> > > > Anyone has any thoughts along
  these lines or tried something similar?> > > >
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.