Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.31.0 BETA Examples

Ken,

> First, additional kudos to Tomasz for another step-jump in capability of
> Amibroker.
Thank you.

> Second, a caution, in marketing terms, of having capability that is so
> hard to apply for "non-programmers", beginners, and non-technical types
> that the extra capability is viewed not as an advantage or benefit, but
> just the opposite.

The beginners don't really need to jump into deep water right from
the start as AFL still supports "old-way" of work.

When you write

TypicalPrice = (H+L+C) /3;

it still operates on H, L, C arrays and produces array so no
looping is needed.

New features are added as 'extra' stuff and do not
change the way old statements work.

> I apologize - but may speak for many hidden lurkers - that I have just
> mastered the idea that "every AFL statement only executes once", but now
> I must scramble to reorient my brain for repeated iterations thru AFL
> statements.

See above - you don't need really to write loops if you don't want them.
All previously written code will execute the same way as before.

Unless you use a while and/or for loop nothing has really changed.

So, you don't really need to "re-orient your brain" :-)

You can view new features as a replacement of JScript/VBScript.
You may use these new features only when you needed to use
scripting in previous versions.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM