Re: [amibroker] ^N225 Database(was Re: L...)

Friday, April 11, 2003, 3:24:59 AM, you wrote:

DT> Yuki,
DT> it is hard to believe this situation and even harder to work with
DT> this market.

Very hard.  Only two types of orders, too: market and limit (no
stops, no stop limits, no anything else).  On the plus side though,
right now tax is a simple 10 percent regardless of holding period,
and you can short on demand at the bid (no uptick rule).

DT> I need historical ASCII [.txt perhaps] data FOR THE CURRENT ^N225
DT> SYNTHESIS, since Jan2000 or, at least, since Jan2001.

I will send this to you.

DT> Since my Breath Indicators are still at Part I [non volume
DT> indicators], I need all prices , low or high vol stocks.
DT> Do not search for the historical changes, we shall not make a PhD
DT> thesis on ^N225 yet !!

Good.  ^_^  It would take a lot of digging to get that information
anyway.  There was a *major* reorganization of the index in April of
2000.  Rather foolishly IMO, the Nihon Keizai Shimbum (Japan Economy
Newspaper, which owns the index) decided that the index should more
closely resemble the American Nasdaq, and they reorganized it with a
decided high-tech bias.  Their timing, as well as their judgment,
IMO, was about as bad as it gets.  The reorganization was at the
beginning of April in 2000.  Our market peaked on 4/12 and began a
precipitous decline on 4/17.  It has never come even close to
reaching those levels since -- even though those April 2000 levels
were down approximately 50 percent from our bubble peak in 1990. The
Nikkei right now is down about 60 percent from April of 2000.

Fortunately, as I say you can short on demand here.  ^_^

DT> I can begin the very next weekend, or whenever your .txt is ready.
DT> BTW, are there any amibroker users in Japan ?

I think not many.  Tomasz probably has a better idea about this than
I do.  No one had heard of AB at the Brisbane seminar either,
although it was a very small sample, and I know from this board that
there are AB users in Australia.

Yuki
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM