[amibroker] ^N225 Database(was Re: L...)

Yuki,
it is hard to believe this situation and even harder to work with
this market.
Consequently it is tempty to give it a try !!
I need historical ASCII [.txt perhaps] data FOR THE CURRENT ^N225
SYNTHESIS, since Jan2000 or, at least, since Jan2001.
Since my Breath Indicators are still at Part I [non volume
indicators], I need all prices , low or high vol stocks.
Do not search for the historical changes, we shall not make a PhD
thesis on ^N225 yet !!
I can begin the very next weekend, or whenever your .txt is ready.
BTW, are there any amibroker users in Japan ? [I am curious how they
update their EOD ...]
So, let us do it !!!
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi DT,
>
> Thursday, April 10, 2003, 7:46:12 AM, you wrote:
>
> DT> In order to avoid troubles, is there any ^N225 components data
> DT> source in ASCII format or any other Amiquote recognisable type?
> DT> What do the Japanese users [if any]. In your ref I did not find
> DT> an historical download source. It is hard to believe that there
> DT> is no source for these data, I just  do not know now. Any
> DT> suggestion to avoid zip making? Does anybody else has an idea on
> DT> this subject?
>
> Japan is absolutely horrible for finding this kind of thing.  I
still
> cannot get real-time data suitable for either AB or Metastock.  I
use
> E-Trade Professional as my market screen, and when I want data for
my
> own charts on an intraday basis, I have to update my database
myself.
> Fortunately I trade from a small handful of stocks and this is not a
> big problem.
>
> I use Downloadquotes.com at night to update the entire database.  I
> do about 20 stocks by hand during and at the end of the day, which
> are the ones I trade, and I keep them in a separate database.  These
> 20 are all ^N225 issues of course; I just keep a separate and
> redundant database for them.  I have a very large database of the
> rest of the market that I seldom look at.  A lot of the issues I
> simply won't trade, mostly because they are way too speculative, or
> have volume too small to meet my requirements.
>
> So, I download the ^N225 in Metastock+Names format from DLQ.  As you
> know, AB reads it easily.  Just ask, and I can easily zip up a copy
> of this for you.  The ^N225 data I have right now is only about 2.31
> mb, so it's not so bad at all.  Zipped, much less.  Would take me a
> very short time to do it, less than 5 minutes for sure.
>
> Yuki

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM