[amibroker] Don's return question

>attached are the test reports of a simple trading system trading only the
>short side of a single dow contract off the 10 min chart from jan 1 to
>march 28.
>
>the Annual system % return: increases 4 fold by reducing the Initial
>Equity in half.
>
>pick it apart.
>
>  Don

Don, the first thing I saw on your $5k vs $10k starting equity is the total
dollar return is the same at $4724.  This comes from trading one contract
rather than all your capital.

When the returns are calculated they assume all your capital is
invested.  So the $5k starting capital will give twice the percentage gain
of the $10k because of the same dollar gain in both cases.

I didn't dig deep enough to find the other 2X...

This sort of  apparent lower percentage gain also occurs when you use
a  fixed dollar amount for purchases instead of all the available
capital.  You end up with useless numbers.  There is still work for Tomasz
in this area.

Bottom line: only fully invested capital, compounded gains produce correct
AA report numbers.
Cheers
Sid

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM

---