[amibroker] Re: Light Crude Oil divergences : A positive one ??

Dimitris,

speaking only for grains because they are what i am familiar with i
would say yes this observation is systematic for a long time
and in all time frames.

 soybeans as an extreme example,  bull market years
1973,  july beans high was close to $13.00  while SN/SX high was july
$5.33 over nov.
1977,  SN high over $10.50,  SN/SX  went to $3.00 over

 i remember your original wheat comment and i believe may wheat was
trading at a premium to july at that time (backwardation)
since then wheat has broke lower and so has the spread.

http://www.mrci.com/ has some spread related info. my "traders desk
reference" published by Moore Research Center Inc. is a 1992 model.

 it too have not created a an amibroker database, where would one
look for historical eod data for grains that can be imported into AB ?

 Don

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Don,
> thank you for the interesting point of view.
> Since I am relatively new in the futures trading, is this
observation
> systematic for a long time ? Any experience would be much
appreciated.
> Is there any specific relation to code it in AFL and check ?
> Until now I use ready charts, I have not created an amibroker
> database.
> DT
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Don <ddsmcl@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Dimitris,
> >
> > i believe the spreads lead,
> >
> > your wheat may be making the turn higher, if the fronts continue
> gain on the backs, in the grains when the front gains on the backs
it
> is considered friendly.
> >

> > whereas in crude oil the friendly consideration is when the backs
> gain on the front month.
> >

> >  Don

> > Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM