[amibroker] Re: Assing tickers to MS database

"...then delete the stocks.  I then export the data to text files,
delete the MS database, and reconstruct it from the updated text
files using the MS converter....Graham "

Hi Graham,
I hope to clarify the above statement for myself.

After saving to a watchlist,
1) Delete the stocks in the watchlist.
remaining symbols in your AB database.
3) Still in AA, export the results of the exploration to text
files.
4) Delete (or save) the MS database.
5) Use the MS Downloader and convert the text files from 3) to MS
files.

Is the above accurate?  I apologize for dragging this out,
thank you,
kris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> I tend to do things in reverse
> I remove the tickers manually in AB. This can be relatively easy if
you have
> an exploration to find stocks with no or outdated quaotations, save
> watchliast, then delete the stocks. I then export the data to text
files,
> delete the MS database, and reconstruct it from the updated text
files using
> the MS converter. Might seem long winded, but it works for me.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM