  >From:
  Fred
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 6:14
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs
  Tradestation 2000i
  Juan,Did you really expect to get an objective
  answer to that question here ?I'll give you what will probably be
  the most objective answer you'll get ... It depends.   It
  depends on how you use tools like this and what you want out of a
  platform.  AB excels in somethings, TS in others.  At present I
  would say that TS is still ahead as a real time platform for analysis and
  order entry and it handles partial and some other kinds of orders in
  systems better but as far as a platform for backtesting is concerned, AB
  is significantly faster.  I'm sure you are aware that TS2000i is
  hardly leading edge as TS6 has been out for some time and recently
  TS7.  As a product TS2000i is basically a dead end without much
  ongoing maintenance except that you would have the  ability to
  upgrade to TS6/7 which in a variety of ways is a whole different
  animal.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emarco" <emarco@xxxx>
  wrote:> Hi guys....I have been using MS for  a while and I decided
  to switch to another software. MS 8 has many bugs, is not very versatile
  for programming. So i was wondering which software would be the best
  for backtesting and creating real time systems: Tradesation 2000i or
  Amibroker?> > Also i would like to know if there is a
  software that :> > 1) Let you use different timeframes to create
  a system. For example go long when adx in 60m is above 25 (positive trend)
  and exit when adx in 15m is above 25 (negative trend)?> > 2)
  I am developing a system for bonds....and i am including the data of the
  night session 20pm to8:20am........so you can eliminate gaps......I adjust
  the number of bars from 7 to 10 eliminating gaps. I gather the data from
  > > 1. de 3pm to 2 am,> 2. 2 am to 7 am,> 3. 7 am
  to 8:20 am> > I was wondering if it is possible in a software to
  reagroup this data automatically....> > Thanks>
  > > JuanSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.