[amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs Tradestation 2000i

Juan,

Did you really expect to get an objective answer to that question
here ?

I'll give you what will probably be the most objective answer you'll
get ... It depends.   It depends on how you use tools like this and
what you want out of a platform.  AB excels in somethings, TS in
others.  At present I would say that TS is still ahead as a real time
platform for analysis and order entry and it handles partial and some
other kinds of orders in systems better but as far as a platform for
backtesting is concerned, AB is significantly faster.  I'm sure you
are aware that TS2000i is hardly leading edge as TS6 has been out for
some time and recently TS7.  As a product TS2000i is basically a dead
end without much ongoing maintenance except that you would have the
ability to upgrade to TS6/7 which in a variety of ways is a whole
different animal.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emarco" <emarco@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys....I have been using MS for  a while and I decided to
switch to another software. MS 8 has many bugs, is not very versatile
for programming. So i was wondering which software would be the best
for backtesting and creating real time systems: Tradesation 2000i or
Amibroker?

> Also i would like to know if there is a software that :
>
> 1) Let you use different timeframes to create a system. For example
go long when adx in 60m is above 25 (positive trend) and exit when
adx in 15m is above 25 (negative trend)?

> 2) I am developing a system for bonds....and i am including the
data of the night session 20pm to8:20am........so you can eliminate
gaps......I adjust the number of bars from 7 to 10 eliminating gaps.
I gather the data from

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM