[amibroker] MetaStock plug-in versus importing data

Can
anyone help me to understand how the data situation works in
AB?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
tried importing MetaStock data and it works fine.  The upside is that I can
name the group and/or watchlist that I want each stock to go to.   The
downside is that when I update my MetaStock data, I think that I have to
re-import it into AB.   Is this assumption
correct?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
also tried using the MetaStock plug-in to access MetaStock data.  The
upside is that AB seems to be looking at the current quotes after I update
the MetaStock data without having to do anything in AB.   Is this
assumption correct?   The downside seems to be that the data
automatically goes ONLY to Group 0 (zero).  I can't seem to tell it to go
straight to a watchlist.  Is this correct?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
If all
of the above is true, then I need to make some watchlists from the data in Group
0.   There seems to be no way to export a watchlist from a
group.  Is this true?  I have written some code to do it, but it is
tedious and I didn't want to find out a couple of years from now that there is
an easier way.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
What I
really want to achieve is to have AB see all of my current quotes, but I want to
backtest on random selections of stocks; about half of the total.   I
primarily want to do this because the cache system in AB doesn't support all of
my stocks and it runs extremely slow.  If I backtest on half the stocks, it
takes 5% of the time it takes to porocess all stocks due to the cache
system.   So, I want to export the list of stocks from Group 0 and
then use Excel to create a random sub-set of the entire list, basically every
other one alphabetically.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
There
appears to be no way to export a watchlist from a group and no way to tell the
MetaStock plug-in to work with anything other than Group 0.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Thanks
in advance for any light you can shed on all of this for me.
I'm sorry about how confusing it must
sound.