[amibroker] Re: exporting to txt file modified data, Excel macro

  Hi lionel.

 I will be posting it on this site.

 The macro does not use data exported from AMI.

 It converts the data from the ticker text files.

      I have been using the Metastock downloader to convert my MS
data files to ascii text.

   It should be easy to modify if using different Text data formats.

  It fills in the holes of non trading days with the same data as
when the ticker stopped trading,( due to a halt e.t.c.).

  I would also like to add the delisted stocks into the data base,
but use excel to add a value in the OI array, also have the o,c,h,l,
arrays value on the last bar  as 0.

    so in AA if i added a line that stated if the value in the OI
came up after a buy and before  the sell, trigger a sell, the profit
would then be zero as the o,c,h,l array value was 0.

  Using the same idea companies that were delisted due to a takeover,
could have a different value placed in the OI field and when this
value came up after a buy, would trigger a sell,but using the price
of the o,c,h,l at the time of the sell for the profit results.

   The only reason i wrote the macro was due to  my data suplier not
including the non trading days.
  I wanted to compare the difference of when the zero volume days
were included as to using only the trading days, when creating an
artificial index.
   There is a huge difference.

   Peter

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx> wrote:
> are you going to post it here?

Excel
> macro
>

> Thanks amiability
> The macro part that opens/closes files would be handy, although I am
> prob
> too lazy to do one myself. But have just finished my excel sheet
with
> macros
> to alter some intraday history data into format to import into AB.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia