RE: [amibroker] Re: exporting to txt file modified data, Excel macro

are you going to
post it here?

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
[mailto:gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 5:38
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Re: exporting to txt file modified data, Excel
macroThanks amiabilityThe macro part that
opens/closes files would be handy, although I am probtoo lazy to do one
myself. But have just finished my excel sheet with macrosto alter some
intraday history data into format to import into
AB.Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia-----Original
Message-----From: amiabilityy [mailto:amiabilityy@xxxxxxxxx] Sent:
Saturday, 22 March 2003 5:50 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] Re: exporting to txt file modified data, Excel
macro    Hi graham.I have just completed an excel
macro that does the opposite, it finds the no hole days by using the dates
of an index, e.g. XAOand then fills the holes with the previous days
data.    Then i create a new database and import these into
Ami, now i need to create an updater as i wouldn't want the macro to open
and close all the data files for only 1 day of data, as it would take to
long.     It opens a file, then modifies it, then
closes that file and continues on to the next ticker, (so the 65,000 odd
rows in excel is no prob) It takes about 20 mins to fill  the holes in
over 1300 tickers, about 12 years history, using a pentium
2.54.     This actually improves my artificial
indexes.  Previously the artificial indexes i created using only the
volume days did not look correct, there were too many spikes and
drops.   With a few modifications i could probably make the
macro delete the 0 volume days.    You could always
place in the buy statement volume > 0.
  Peter.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> I use the export dll supplied on
the Amibroker library to back up and make> some modifications to my
databases. Thanks to who supplied it, absolutely> fantastic.>
I have used this before to round off the data supplied in the far past.
This> works ok when you just need to make changes to the OHLCV data
directly, but> I want to remove all zero volume days from the
database without it taking a> month of Sundays to complete.> I
have tried adding filters and additional buy condition to the line >
Buy=bhExportAsMetaStock("c:\\MSBackup");> > Such as:>
> Buy=bhExportAsMetaStock("c:\\MSBackup") AND V>0;> >
But it still exports the whole data without change.> > Can anyone
help me with a method of doing this> TIA> > Cheers,>
Graham> <A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>
<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustraliaSend
group FAQ at:<A
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.