From: amiabilityy [mailto:amiabilityy@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, 22 March 2003 5:50 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: exporting to txt file modified data, Excel macro

    Hi graham.

 I have just completed an excel macro that does the opposite,
it finds the no hole days by using the dates of an index, e.g. XAO
and then fills the holes with the previous days data.
    Then i create a new database and import these into Ami, now i
need to create an updater as i wouldn't want the macro to open and
close all the data files for only 1 day of data, as it would take to
long.

   It opens a file, then modifies it, then closes that file and
continues on to the next ticker, (so the 65,000 odd rows in excel is
no prob) It takes about 20 mins to fill  the holes in over 1300
tickers, about 12 years history, using a pentium 2.54.

  This actually improves my artificial indexes.
  Previously the artificial indexes i created using only the volume
days did not look correct, there were too many spikes and drops.

   With a few modifications i could probably make the macro delete
the 0 volume days.

    You could always place in the buy statement volume > 0.

  Peter.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM