RE: [amibroker] Re: Polarized Fractal Efficiency for Jayson

<SPAN
class=636152320-20032003>Tony,
In MS
Prev is a self referencing formula which looks at the previous (ref(x,-1))
value of its self.  In AB this function can be addressed using the AMA() or
ama2() functions though I tend to get confused how best to utilize them. You
might want to go thru the archives for some ama examples..
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Anthony
[mailto:axon50@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 2:38
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Polarized Fractal Efficiency for JaysonHi
JaysonYour translation is the same as the Equis formula library. I
like the idea behind this so I might try to translate the other code but I
know I am going to have one problem as I have no idea what the prev function
is. The rest I hopefully can manage.CheersTony--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Tony,> Tomasz developed the plotgrid() function to allow us all the
flexibility> that we could possibly want. The presets were developed
first and  do not> offer +-70 as an option.> > I
have read the comment by nobid (I do not know who he/she is). While
that> code is indeed different I will allow you to determine which is
more> accurate :)   I tried to fashion my translation from the
original TSAC> article.> > Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: Anthony [mailto:axon50@xxxx]> Sent: Thursday,
March 20, 2003 1:02 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Polarized Fractal Efficiency for Jayson> > > Hi
Jayson> Thanks for translating this - it saved me a bit of work. One
thing> though I am trying to get a trigger line at +70 and -70. Now I
think> I could manage with the Plotgrid function but I would have
thought> this should be able to be accomplished by the grid settings in
the> Indicator Builder as it is a pretty common concept. Am I
missing> something?> > Did you see the comment in the AFL
formula library about an improved> formula?  If so what is your
opinion of the comparison?> > Thanks> Tony> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.