[amibroker] Re: Once Again

Franko,
I agree with your "very often a Stochastic Divergence is not
enough".
Although, there was no divergence there.
We speak for CLK03, May Light Crude Oil.
The Dec30 H=30.03 and the Jan6 H=29.50
[Data provided by <A
href=""
target=_blank>FutureSource]
As I wrote before, both slopes were negative.
DT

Dimitris,if you look at december 02 top at 30 and January
03 first top at 30you will find below them two declining tops of
Stochastics.This is called a divergence for example in Elder's book.You
may ask for a tighter definition of divergence such as onlyup/down or
down/up and this is perfectly legitimate but what I meanis that you will
almost always find a divergence at tops or bottomsbecause prices usually
slow down before inverting the direction.But they also slow down in the
middle of a move and in a lot of otheroccasions.So very often a
Stochastic Divergence is not enough.--Franco--- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>wrote:>
Franko,> no divergence was detected on Jan2003.> The price slope
was negative, the same with the stochD.> We need a positive price slope,
joined with a negative stochD slope > for the related peaks to detect a
divergence.> DT> --- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Franco Gornati <<A
href="">fgornati@xxxx>
> wrote:> > Dimitris,> > I would consider a
Stochastic Divergence the one of January 03too.> > Every time
something slows, Stochastic has a drop.> > > > --->
--------> > From: "Dimitris Tsokakis" <<A
href="">TSOKAKIS@xxxx>>
Once Again> > > > > In the next Oil "crisis", do not
forget to make some money, the > technical part of the story is ALWAYS
the same.> > > A Stochastic Divergence is enough.> > >
See also> > > <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/35193>
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/35226>
> > and other previous messages on the same subject.> > >
Dimitris Tsokakis