[amibroker] Optimization questions

would appreciate it if someone could help me to understand what I'm seeing in an
optimization run.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I am
running about 1000 combinations of parameters over 7,500 stocks over
15 years of daily data.   Fortunately, my PC has plenty of grunt
and the run actually finishes.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Most
columns in the results grid show negative results.   Net
profit, RAR, Average Trade, etc. are all negative and the profit factor is less
than one.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>You might be tempted to say "try another
system".
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
BUT...
the composite equity curve is showing a very positive and consistent
profit.   Since this system was converted from a profitable MetaStock
system, I expected to see a profitable equity curve.   I sorted the
results by "Average Trade" and then did a backtest on the highest ranked set of
parameters, even though the average trade was showing as a negative
value.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I am
building the composite equity by saying:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>AddToComposite(Equity()/1000, "~Composite", "X");
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
reason I divide by 1,000 is so that the profit values are shown in an
acceptable format without overflowing into scientific notation.  The equity
curve is a very attractive 40% angle, gradually going from zero to $30
million.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Since
the equity curve looks like what I expect, why don't I see positve values for
the important metrics like RAR, Average Trade, etc.?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I want
to believe the equity curve, of course.   But I'm uncomfortable seeing
all the negative metrics.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I'm
also uncomfortable simply selecting the highest ranked set of parameters when
the best value is negative.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Any
assistance or comments would be appreciated.