Re: [amibroker] Optimization questions

Chuck,

You should check all settings especially
COMMISSIONS.
If your system was written in Metastock you may
consider setting options so that
AB emulates Metastock backtester:
a) since Metastock is NOT able to trade single bar you may
want to UNMARK
"Allow same bar exit (single bar trade)"
b) since Metastock always exits trade on reverse system you
may want to MARK
"Reverse entry signal forces exit"

You should also check Trade price and delays.

And then backtest SINGLE stock and look at the result
table
- the results should be the same as in Metastock.

Once you ensured that your settings and formula are the
same (or work the same) as in Metastock
you can go on with optimization and/or multiple stock
backtest.

Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE