Re: [amibroker] asx gics [ATTN: Mark Allen / David Holzgrefe]

Hi Mark,

I blew away my broker.workspace and all is
now well (after renaming
all my Markets and Watchlists!), thank you.
I recreated GICS_Industries.csv
as per your instructions (in
ASX-GICS-brokerfiles.zip) so that's fine
(though there's still tons in
"unclassified").

Thanks, m.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Your
  attachment looks like your stock tree is still reflecting pre-GICS
  structures.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  Try
  the following (please make backup of entire AmiBroker folder before
  proceeding):
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  1)
  Rename your "broker.workspace" file to something else (eg,
  "broker.workspace.orig")
  2)
  Install the "broker.industry" and "broker.sectors" files
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>3) Run the "SetUpGICSIndustries.js" script (make sure
  "GICS_Industries.csv" is in the same directory as the
  script).
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Please note that "GICS_Industries.csv" is now out of date (I
  have quite a few stocks listed under NEW/UNCLASSIFIED), and must
  confess to not having updated it since then. It will at least get you started,
  and I will post an updated version when I manage to "get a round
  tuit".
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  Hope