RE: [amibroker] asx gics [ATTN: Mark Allen / David Holzgrefe]

Hi
Matt,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Your
attachment looks like your stock tree is still reflecting pre-GICS
structures.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Try
the following (please make backup of entire AmiBroker folder before
proceeding):
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
1)
Rename your "broker.workspace" file to something else (eg,
"broker.workspace.orig")
2)
Install the "broker.industry" and "broker.sectors" files
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>3) Run the "SetUpGICSIndustries.js" script (make sure
"GICS_Industries.csv" is in the same directory as the
script).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Please
note that "GICS_Industries.csv" is now out of date (I have quite a few
stocks listed under NEW/UNCLASSIFIED), and must confess to not having
updated it since then. It will at least get you started, and I will post an
updated version when I manage to "get a round tuit".
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
this helps.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Regards,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Matt Atterbury
  [mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, 10 March 2003 5:12
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  asx gics [ATTN: Mark Allen / David Holzgrefe]
  Mark/David,

  I've tried to use the attached files to
  set up my ASX GICS sectors,
  but I cannot get it to work (the attached
  files were posted by Mark
  in early Nov 2002).

  I've installed the included
  broker.sectors and broker.industries
  but I still get old/crap sectors in AB
  (see attached PNG file)
  and garbage allocations of stocks to
  sectors (for example, SGB
  is listed as a Gold
  Producer!).

  I've looked at the broker.sectors and
  broker.industries file and
  they don't seem to match the included ASX
  to GICS translation file
  (ie. the AB sector numbers don't match at
  all) so I am thoroughly
  confused.

  Any help would be
  appreciated!