Re: [amibroker] asx gics [ATTN: Mark Allen / David Holzgrefe]

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] asx gics [ATTN: Mark Allen / David Holzgrefe]
  • From: "Matt Atterbury" <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 23:11:12 -0800

Mark/David,

I've tried to use the attached files to set
up my ASX GICS sectors,
but I cannot get it to work (the attached
files were posted by Mark
in early Nov 2002).

I've installed the included broker.sectors
and broker.industries
but I still get old/crap sectors in AB (see
attached PNG file)
and garbage allocations of stocks to
sectors (for example, SGB
is listed as a Gold
Producer!).

I've looked at the broker.sectors and
broker.industries file and
they don't seem to match the included ASX
to GICS translation file
(ie. the AB sector numbers don't match at
all) so I am thoroughly
confused.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,