RE: [amibroker] Re: Automated Backtesting Walkforward Validation

Herman:

I would tend to think that it does tell
you something about the system under test.

If your results in the “Trade Window”
as it is called in this message are good, and they are “good” in
say 15 out of 18 periods or cycles, then is it not reasonable to assume that
the system under test is “robust” and is likely to perform ok (or
at least as good as the average performance achieved in all of the Trade
Windows).

Yes, I interpreted the msg to say to reoptimize
in each new “Test Window”, the walk forward test in each Trade
Window.  I am not sure what would happen if the beginning date of the
first Test Window was anchored and the Test Window got progressively longer
after each cycle.  It is also not clear what minimum number of trades must
be achieved for the Test Window and Trade Window to be of adequate length.

What did you mean by “spread of
optimization values”???

Ken