[amibroker] Re: TJ... take a look. Am I the only one with an editor problem

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst <phsst@xxxx>" <phsst@xxxx>
wrote:

snip

> While editing AA AFL or Indicator Builder AFL, I point my mouse
> pointer to a location where I want to begin editing/keying, and in
> order to anchor the actual cursor at that location I LEFT CLICK my
> mouse so that I can begin editing/entering data at that exact
location
> in the editor window where the Cursor is blinking.
>
> Since my cursor is still blinking at the desired location, I begin
> keying in the new code that I want... and after keying 5 or 6 or
more
> characters into the keyboard I look at the editor window and
realize
> that NOTHING I keyed in has appeared in the editor window where I
had
> intended the new code to appear.

snip

> Regards,
>
> Phsst

 Your problem is rather common with notebooks. The only thing I have
ever come up with is the typing falsely triggers the touchpad.

 Some programs are more sensitive than others. MSword is real
touchy with this. The keyboard drivers are many years old even
in new notebooks and I don't think they are very well written.

 I might add I have a notebook that does this also. I even changed
the keyboard and it didn't help. The interesting part is that
it never happens with DOS based programs.

 AB only receives the keyboard input from Windows and doesn't access
the keyboard directly. Windows gets the keyboard entries from the
BIOS functions which comes directly from the keyboard-touchpad.

 I haven't tried a external mouse and disables the touchpad it see
if that solves the problem, but its sure worth a try.

 If you find a solution, post it, others would like to know the
cure.

                        Cliff s