RE: [amibroker] TJ... take a look. Am I the only one with an editor problem

<SPAN
class=682133304-28022003>Phsst,
this
has never happened to me
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst <phsst@xxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:28
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] TJ...
take a look. Am I the only one with an editor
problemTonight I finally reached 'critical mass' with a
chronic problem on mysystem related to the editor windows in both AA and
Indicator Builderin Amibroker.While editing AA AFL or Indicator
Builder AFL, I point my mousepointer to a location where I want to begin
editing/keying, and inorder to anchor the actual cursor at that location I
LEFT CLICK mymouse so that I can begin editing/entering data at that exact
locationin the editor window where the Cursor is blinking. Since my
cursor is still blinking at the desired location, I beginkeying in the new
code that I want... and after keying 5 or 6 or morecharacters into the
keyboard I look at the editor window and realizethat NOTHING I keyed in has
appeared in the editor window where I hadintended the new code to appear.
Then a sickening revelation overcomes me that the mouse pointer
hasfailed to re-position where I clicked for data entry purposes,
andthat I have just keyed in some programming keystrokes into an
unknownlocation in the AFL code where the REAL MOUSE IS POSITIONED, and
thatsomewhere out of my vision in my editor window I have probably
justcorrupted a line of code that I cannot see.This happens
repeatedly, and even when I try to verify that the mousepointer is correctly
positioned in the editor window when I LEFTCLICK, I get fooled by not
realizing that the current mouse blinkinglocation does not actually
represent the current actual mouse pointerfor data entry purposes.I
am beginning to think that this a problem with a 3rd party tool thatis used
in the Amibroker development environment. I use a notebookwith a
touchpad.Am I the only one with this problem? And if not, do I need to
reportthis as a problem to
TJ?Regards,PhsstSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.