RE: [amibroker] How do you update your RT DB

<SPAN
class=977203720-27022003>Ken,
<SPAN
class=977203720-27022003>
I have
found the same thing. For instance I cannot run a composite update on the RT
data as there are too many holes. I think perhaps explore calls the stocks too
quickly for esignal to process. It may have something to do with the esignal
symbol limit as well. Once you reach it AB resets the number of stocks open so
you may exceed the limit but if esignal has yet to fill your request you get a
hole. I have found that by running the routine several times it improves each
time but this is not really a viable workaround. Perhaps setting your filter to
look only for stocks with yesterdays date would eliminate the currently updated
stocks and speed the process and number of retries needed to update the whole
DB?? Any one out there found a better way?
<SPAN
class=977203720-27022003>
<SPAN
class=977203720-27022003>
<SPAN
class=977203720-27022003><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 3:36
PMTo: AmiBroker ListSubject: [amibroker] How do you update
your RT DBAll:Tomasz's advice in the past has
been to update your RT database (thesymbols you may not look at each day) by
running the following simplecode on "All
Stocks"Filter=1;Buy=0;Addcolumn(C,"C",1.2);Supposedly
this would update all symbols in some rolling fashion.I have been doing
this for a long time. Today, I did it again, includingsaving the db after
the explore process, then looked up a stock Inormally do not look at, and
when I opened the screen, the bars loaded,refreshing the data.  It was
as if the procedure I describe above had noeffect.Can anyone
(including Tomasz) share the method to update stocks in theRT
database?Thanks,KenSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.