RE: [amibroker] Re: RSC

<SPAN
class=419444819-27022003>Herman,
<SPAN
class=419444819-27022003>
I have
just been running the raw numbers each day. Do you see an advantage in
averaging?
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
[mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 5:28
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Re: RSC
Hi
Jayson,
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
thanks
for your recent posts. Wrt the composite building should we count the stocks for
each bar and calculate the average price array for each bar? Or did i miss some
posts?
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>Herman
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
Buy=1;>
sym="~"+SectorID(1);> isym="~i"+SectorID(1);> >
AddToComposite(C,"~Universe" ,"c");> >
AddToComposite(C,isym,"C");> AddToComposite(O,isym,"O");>
AddToComposite(H,isym,"H");> AddToComposite(L,isym,"L");>
AddToComposite(V/1000,isym,"V");

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
  [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
  8:50 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] Re: RSC
  <SPAN
  class=707363304-26022003>Alan,
  <SPAN
  class=707363304-26022003>
  scan individual stocks to create the index composites. You could use a custom
  universe or one of the more traditional (nas 100, S&P etc). Group 253 is
  where AB stores your newly created composites. The groups can be found on your
  work space tree (View/workspace) if these are the only composites you have
  then there should be 13, the traditional 12 (Capital Goods, Consumer Cyclical
  etc) and Universe which is the base index we use to compare the others to. You
  are correct that I rearranged the order in my code, it should
  be....
  <SPAN
  class=707363304-26022003>
  <FONT
  color=#000000>
  Filter=C>0<FONT
  color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>;<FONT
  size=2>
  x=Foreign("~Universe","C"<FONT
  color=#282828><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>);
  RSC=ROC(MA(C/x,13),1<FONT
  color=#282828>);

  AddColumn(RSC,<FONT
  color=#ff00ff>"Today RSC");<FONT
  color=#0000ff>
  AddColumn(<FONT
  color=#0000ff>Ref(RSC,-<FONT
  color=#ff00ff>1),<FONT
  color=#ff00ff>"Yesterday RSC");<FONT
  color=#0000ff>
  AddColumn(<FONT
  color=#0000ff>Ref(RSC,-<FONT
  color=#ff00ff>2),"2 day
  ago RSC");

  sorry for the
  confusion, and good catch!

   Jayson
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Alan Nouray
  <alann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:alann@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent:
  Tuesday, February 25, 2003 8:07 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  RSCHi Jason,I have few questions regarding
  this system:First, do you scan individual stocks or
  indexes?Where is group 253?In Metastock code the formula was
  ROC(Mov((C/P),13,S),1,%) but yourformual is MA(ROC(C/x,13),1); Is it the
  same? the first one is ROC ofmoving average and the second formula is
  moving average of ROC.Alan--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> All,> > I just
  picked up an interesting article that lends itself to thethreads
  of> last week regarding using one set of data to influence another
  set.I posted> the PDF to the file section. Those interested in
  Sector rotation mayfind it> of interest. It is geared towards
  Metastock users and the last partof the> article is an ad but for
  some it may be an interesting read.> > The concept lends itself
  to Amibroker since we have the ability toeasily> create custom
  sector indexes. For those interested in SectorRotation read> on, if
  not hit delete..........> > > > The first step is
  to create a group of Sector indexes. This customgroup can> be your
  whole universe (database) or a filtered sub set (Nas 100,S&P
  etc).> Place the code into AA to create the indexes by scanning
  theuniverse  of> your choice......> > >
  Buy=1;> sym="~"+SectorID(1);> isym="~i"+SectorID(1);>
  > AddToComposite(C,"~Universe" ,"c");> >
  AddToComposite(C,isym,"C");> AddToComposite(O,isym,"O");>
  AddToComposite(H,isym,"H");> AddToComposite(L,isym,"L");>
  AddToComposite(V/1000,isym,"V");> > The result will be a group
  of 13 index's, one for each sector andone for> the complete
  universe. These newly created indexes will be saved ingroup> 253.
  Move them to an empty watchlist.> > Now we have the data to
  calculate our Sector Relative StrengthComparison> (RSC).>
  > You can read the article for a full description or simply add
  thiscode to> AA and explore your new watchlist........>
  > > Filter=C>0;> x=Foreign("~Universe","C");>
  RSC=MA(ROC(C/x,13),1);> > AddColumn(RSC,"Today RSC");>
  AddColumn(Ref(RSC,-1),"Yesterday RSC");> AddColumn(Ref(RSC,-2),"2 day
  ago RSC");> > > Sort the "Today" Column. At a glance you
  can easily see whichsectors are> out performing the universe as a
  whole and more importantly you maysee if> the sector is gaining or
  losing momentum. The above code reflect RSCover> the last 3 days
  but by adjusting the ref statements you can exploreany time> frame
  you wish.> > The next step would be to explore stocks in a given
  sector against their> indexes. Thanks to the code (script) posted by
  William Peters last week> creating the 12 Sector watch lists is now a
  snap.> > have fun with it.....> >
  JaysonSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A