[amibroker] Re: looking into the future

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@xxxx>
wrote:
> The feature in SA does set OHLC all to the same calculated future
price
> based on the % change you input.
>
> Obviously, this is not most desirable, but does allow some
speculation.

Rik,
how often the % change of Close is the same with the % of High ?
The statistics is dramatic.
In 788 bars since Jan3, 2000, we have 787 ROCs per N100 stock, ie
79487 ROCs [include the 100 N100 stocks plus the index ^NDX]
>From an exploration

ROCclose=ROC(C,1);
ROChigh=ROC(H,1);
Filter=ROCclose==ROChigh;
AddColumn(ROCclose,"");
AddColumn(ROChigh,"");
AddColumn(LastValue(Cum(1)),"");
I see 78 results, ie ~1/1000,
from
ROCclose=ROC(C,1);
ROClow=ROC(L,1);
Filter=ROCclose==ROClow;
AddColumn(ROCclose,"");
AddColumn(ROClow,"");
I see 86/79487
and if I try your suggestion ROChigh==ROCclose==ROClow it is
impossible.
Consequently, you hypothesis for same % is out of reality and does
not allow any speculation.
It is not easy and you should reconsider the hypothesis, perhaps.
Thank you for your reply.
Dimitris Tsokakis