  >From:
  Phsst
  <phsst@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 9:08
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: cannot buy on
  open
  <<Would you mind sharing the name of the broker you
  use to place theseorders?I do not think I can do this with my current
  broker, Scottrade.>>Almost all brokers support the orders I
  use... Datek, RJT, ETrade,AmeriTrade, etc. The Order parameters from
  Ameritrade include:Position - Buy, Sell, Sell Short,
  CoverTerms    - Market, Limit, Stop, Stop LimitGood For
  - Day, GTC, Mkt on Close, End of Week, End of
  Month,           Good
  ThroughDateSpecial  - All or None, Do not Reduce, Fill or Kill,
  I rarely trade during the day, preferring to make my trading
  decisionsusing EOD data and placing those orders online that night for
  next dayautomatic execution. Each night I review all open
  positions and manually place (or adjust)trailing stop loss orders using
  'Sell' / 'Stop' orders. I use GTCorders for stop loss purposes so that if
  I happen to be away for a dayor more, then I have absolute protection even
  though I may not have'tweaked' the trailing limit price.Nothing
  fancy.But I want my backtesting software to be able to simulate all of
  theavailable EOD Order stradegies from within code or AFL without
  havingto change parameter settings from a Settings window every time I
  wantto test a new combination. Phsst--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@xxxx>
  wrote:> Phsst,> > Would you mind sharing the name of the
  broker you use to place theseorders?> I do not think I can do this
  with my current broker, Scottrade.> > Rik Rasmussen>
  > > > -----Original Message-----> > From: Phsst
  <phsst@xxxx> [mailto:phsst@xxxx]> > Sent: Sunday, February 23,
  2003 12:00 AM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Subject:
  [amibroker] Re: cannot buy on open> >> >> >
  Yuki,> >> > I've read the previous posts on this subject
  and feel the need to> > contribute to your side of the
  issue:> >> > AB is almost bulletproof on the technical
  indicators and triggers> > needed to initiate backtest
  trades...> >> > HOWEVER, I find that the ENTRY / EXIT
  stradegies of AB are not> > intuitive, and that a good bit of
  'tweaking' and 'testing' is> > necessary to even attempt to come
  close to real-world orders for> > entry/exit positions of
  securities.> >> > For example, for years I have traded
  certain strategies as follows:> >> > After hours Buy or
  Short Limit order @ todays (EOD) close or "BETTER @> >
  OPEN".> >> > No StopLoss entered on day of order entry
  execution.> >> > After Mkt closes on day of order
  execution (and each day> > thereafter)... place trailing stop loss
  order .10cents above or below> > todays high or low (only if new
  stop moves in direction of position).> >> > The above has
  been a successful strategy with my own backtesting> > software and
  actual trading discipline.> >> > I cannot figure out how
  to accomplish the above in AB.> >> > And if folks are
  tolerant, I think I can come up with some other> > situations that
  have eluded me in past AB backtests that I can> > accomplish with my
  own software.> >> > And for those who wonder why I fool
  around with AB... TJ has done an> > unbelievable job on the many
  technical indicators that are needed to> > setup entry and exit
  signals that my own software is not capable of.> >> > I
  tend to still rely upon my own backtesting (called 'SIM') for> >
  verification of real trading stradegies, but only because I haven't>
  > figured out the more esoteric issues of AB Order/Entry issues.>
  >> > Regards,> >> > PhsstPost
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.