[amibroker] Re: cannot buy on open

<<Would you mind sharing the name of the broker you use to place these
orders?
I do not think I can do this with my current broker, Scottrade.>>

Almost all brokers support the orders I use... Datek, RJT, ETrade,
AmeriTrade, etc. The Order parameters from Ameritrade include:

Position - Buy, Sell, Sell Short, Cover
Terms    - Market, Limit, Stop, Stop Limit
Good For - Day, GTC, Mkt on Close, End of Week, End of Month,
           Good ThroughDate
Special  - All or None, Do not Reduce, Fill or Kill,

I rarely trade during the day, preferring to make my trading decisions
using EOD data and placing those orders online that night for next day
automatic execution.

Each night I review all open positions and manually place (or adjust)
trailing stop loss orders using 'Sell' / 'Stop' orders. I use GTC
orders for stop loss purposes so that if I happen to be away for a day
or more, then I have absolute protection even though I may not have
'tweaked' the trailing limit price.

Nothing fancy.

But I want my backtesting software to be able to simulate all of the
available EOD Order stradegies from within code or AFL without having
to change parameter settings from a Settings window every time I want
to test a new combination.

Phsst