Re: [amibroker] Re: force column width on results in AA

Hi DT,

DTTOG> Yuki,
DTTOG> here is some observations
DTTOG> 1. The caption name does not force the column width.
DTTOG> 2. The format= does.
DTTOG> 3. The format= can not be variable.
DTTOG> Consequently, the only way I see to calibrate the column width is
DTTOG> through format= [if you accept to see undesirable and useless zeros]

Thanks DT -- for your other comments, too.  I'll have to see how I
feel about the zeros.  I had just redone most of my explorations with
format = 1.0, because of course the yen is not divisible.  Hope we
can come up with an invisible placeholder eventually instead of
zeros.

Yuki

DTTOG> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
>> Tomasz, (or anyone)
>>
>> Is there a way to force column widths to be a specified minimum
>> length in AA output?  It sure would be nice if I didn't have to
>> adjust the columns all the time after every scan or exploration.
DTTOG> I'd
>> rather scroll at the bottom and adjust narrower only if I needed to,
>> if those were the only two choices. In Excel or other SS programs,
>> you can format a column to fit whatever its widest contents are. Can
>> we have that, or does it exist, in AB? I would like to include the
>> column labels in that formatting capability, too, if that's
DTTOG> possible.