Re: [amibroker] Re: System Testing Validity

Hi Phsst,

Ppyc> It seems that many here like to apply mech systems to a small
Ppyc> subset of securities. Is this approach really successful over
Ppyc> the long haul, or are you constantly 'stirring the pot' so to
Ppyc> speak by fitting an ever changing basket of stocks to the mech
Ppyc> approach?

My experience only, YMMV, there is a risk in trading securities, you
might lose your ass-ets paying any attention to me, stunts depicted
are performed by professional traders so don't try this at home, and
only handle under the guidance of adult supervision.  ^^_^^

I hardly ever stir the pot.  My experience is that the subset that
works well, tends to consistently work well, and vice versa.  Trying
to get an average of the two just gives me average.  I might as well
buy an index fund.  Who wants to work as hard as we do for "average"?

Actually, I did some pot stirring recently, but it was simply blowing
away some issues from my trading screen that I have kept around for
many years, but hardly ever traded because they were bad boys.
(Hitachi and Toyota were two of them; I can't make any money with my
systems on either of those issues, but it seems I have followed them
on my screen since the late Cretaceous period.) I think I kept these
guys (and others) around simply for nostalgia.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.  ^_-

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx