  >From:
  Tomasz Janeczko

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 11:46
  PM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Need Help

  Hello,

  As for variable periods:
  Hold, StDev, StdErr, LinRegSlope, CCI could be
  rewritten relatively fast.

  ADX, MDI, PDI are a little bit more difficult (not from my
  point of view
  but from the users' point of view - every function that uses
  inside
  recursive-type of smoothing is prone to some "overshoot"
  effect
  if the period (or smoothing factor) changes fast instead of
  slow.

  Zig/Peak/Trough ?
  No period here! Do you mean variable percentage
  ?
  If yes this is very bad idea. Why ? Because Zig/Peak/Trough
  work
  on unequal number of bars and as it constructs the lag it
  uses the percentage
  to find the swing end. Therefore the percentage has to be
  constant
  for all swing length. If you change it somewhere the swing
  will
  represent the percentage only at the swing point (and will
  not represent
  percentages at other points).
  You may experiment with these formulas:
  <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/library/formula.php?id=242<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/library/formula.php?id=241
  to find out what happens if variable period is
  used.

  ValueWhen?
  Do you really mean ValueWhen ? It is not period-based! (the
  Nth (last param) is not a PERIOD but the occurence
  and it does not refer to bars)

  By the way: it seems that there is a little demand for
  those features.
  As far as I remember I got 2 requests (from you and one more
  person).
  So it will probably need to wait a little (I am currently
  adding things requested by *much*
  larger group of FT users)
  Best regards,Tomasz
  Janeczkoamibroker.com