RE: [amibroker] TJ- trading platform

Did you find that Tradestation met your needs?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: loufirey <l-ph-reymond@xxxxxx> [mailto:l-ph-reymond@xxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 7:29 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] TJ- trading platform

Hello TJ
First of all, I do not complain, just ask…after a statement of 2
month of active trading based on AB soft (but much more time of
trading).
In one hand I can only agree that you TJ is the nicest guy around and
the most performing whose program beat everybody (unable to evaluate
myself all the sophisticated tools you created but I have no reason
to not believe your fan's club).
In an other hand I share my experience with other similar traders
(active swing traders, portfolio of 4-10 stocks rolling every 3 days
on average), most of them use Tradestation. They trade the same quiet
simple way I do with a few exploration formulas to scan in real time
a watchlist produced from EOD database and get alerts.
I found I have a much harder time they do because my alert system is
based on data, not on real portfolio. I followed your counsel,
created artificial tickers to use the real values of my portfolio in
my alert system. But so doing, I have several portfolio spreadsheets.
Every time I buy/sell/short/cover a stock, I have to adjust something
in one portfolio and re-import ASCII so to have my alert values up to
date. When market is bumpy, it is very painful and source of mistakes.
When you analyze or simulate, it is easy to say you buy exactly
market or limit but in real time, you get what the market gives and
no mechanical tool can change that. Active short time traders need
portfolio values in their alert system. From my experience AB is ok
to simulate, analyze and backtest trading systems but not as a
trading platform, at least alone.
Soooo…the question:
Do you plan to also go this way in the future, link AB to brokers,
set a real portfolio based alert system? TS has its cost but it is so
much comfortable to just have ONE tool to scan and trade.
Another thing I found uncomfortable is that AB does not refresh
automatically E-Signal data, so bad ticks remain until you right-
click fixnup manually stock by stock…and sometimes the plug-in turned
to WAIT and did not re-run even though the turbofeed manager is
green. Very scary to leave your computer if you are not sure it will
alert you or just WAIT...

Best regards
Louis-Philippe Reymond

Check group FAQ at: